Thursday 8 February 2018

SPS 2017 Chanukah Party

Although we were too late to include a write-up on Chanukah in the January Gate, I decided it is never too late to thank all those members and friends who came and joined in the fun of the evening. There were 78 in the end, after one or two people cancelled due to illness. 

Firstly I am always amazed at the wonderful selection of food which you all bring and I know that we discuss this beforehand; nevertheless those of you who cook and prepare dishes are to be commended for the quality, taste and presentation. In addition, items purchased are of the finest and we end up with platters of food which, as someone pointed out to me ”A Caterer could not possibly present any better!” Thank you all. Also to our wonderful ladies of the House Committee, chaired by Barbara Martin, for their attention to organisation and detail, you are truly fantastic. We must not forget our wonderful Security team who braved the cold – thank you, we appreciate what you do for us to keep us safe inside. 

The Karaoke session turned out to be lots of fun - so many people stood up and sang and I know that everyone enjoyed themselves. Maybe we can repeat the same next Chanukah. I do hope you all had a good break and feel rejuvenated to cope with 2018. I spent a few days in Berkshire with my daughter Denise and her husband Coenie and had such a relaxing time eating, drinking and playing scrabble and also working on 2 jigsaws that it was a pleasure not to be relying on the Internet/Ipad/Iphone for entertainment. Denise was working on the 3rd jigsaw when I returned home. Unfortunately, after a few days I developed a nasty head cold and had to stay at home and cosset myself and was really grateful for the programmes on Television, which I had previously recorded, to keep me company, so the internet does come in useful when required! 

I hope this year will bring good health and peace for everyone and bring happiness to all. Thank you again for making the festival one to remember.

Pearl Phillips 

No comments:

Post a Comment