Thursday 6 October 2016

Kabbalat Torah 2016


This years Kabbalat Torah service was led by Naomi and Sarah. Over the last two years they have developed their jewish understanding and have now come to the end. They planned, wrote and led the Saturday service. 

Below is what they wrote about each other and their time in Religion School.

Naomi by Sarah
Throughout my me at religion school I have had a friend in Naomi. I remember when she first walked into the classroom and how shy she was. However, over me I have seen Naomi blossom into a motiviated young woman, who has strong morals and is dedicated to achieving her goals. One of Naomi’s main goals in life is becoming an architect, using her creative abilities and talent in art. Naomi’s Jewish journey is certainly unique, as she has independently built up a strong bond with Judaism.

Sarah by Naomi
Sarah is a dynamic character. Always on the go and never stopping to take a break. Throughout our years at religion school, first learning together as young children while giggling at the back of the classroom, to where we are now. Having completed our Judaism GCSE, I have learnt several things about Sarah. She is head-strong, highly opinionated and thoughtful, always up for a laugh but still there when you need a

friend to turn to. Although Sarah’s journey may be unclear at the moment, I am certain her creative outlook on life and strong character will take her far.

No comments:

Post a Comment